Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm going to start a revolution from my bed...

I have recently been thinking how great it would be if I could pause at age 23 and stay there for the rest of my life.





Life has been so fun and so enjoyable this summer. It has been adventure after adventure this summer with my friends and I can't get over how fun I think life is.





We've been learning what it means to live out the gospel in out own ways and together. We may have a different way of doing it, we may have different defintions of community, church, and communion... but that is why life has been so enjoyable. Living out the gospel with your friends and with the least of these has me so thankful that my life is what it is. I am so thankful that my life includes the people it does...





Friday night we went down to Shakesphere in the park... emily and I rode our bikes down... picked up some wine at the local Kroger... and met up with Jonny, Jonathan, Kelly, Greg and the others for the play. We didn't get very far before a storm hit, really bad, so we took cover under a tree. We played around for a bit... attempting to build shelter. We lost a few members here and there and before I knew it, Kelly, Jonny, Jonathan and I were playing in the pouring rain. We had a dance party... a cartwheel contest... we ran... we spun... we got up on the stage and performed... and felt extreme joy in laughter.





We finally decided to take shelter in a nearby building where we considered spending the night at...







Once the storms settled down we decided to head back... thankfully the boys rode emily and i's bikes back to f-ton.

The only logical thing to do after a night like that was to head back to the boys and have a dance party... wet... and that we did. It may have been one of the best dance parties of all times. We eventaully all ended up on the floor (after our circle/ hand holding dance) where we then laid for a hour or two talking.

The safeness of love, acceptance, laughter, and fun in these friendships is refreshing. It's great to have friends who can be weird with you...

No comments: