Thursday, December 25, 2008

What a Christmas

Right now I feel like there is so much turbulence and hostility and violence and anger in my life... in my heart... and in my mind. It is really disheartening and terribly disturbing.

It feels really foreign and not feeling peace can be really ugly.

I wonder if, the more I let PEACE rule and reign in my heart, in my body, in my mind and in my spirit... I will react differently.

The more I let peace rule me the less I will react and the less I will fight and the less I will anger when I'm feeling hurt.

Feeling anger is an ugly ugly thing. But like my dear friend Thich says... acknowledge your anger. Let it know that you know it is there... that you see it... that you feel it. And let it know that you are going to take good care of it and nurture it. I wonder what made that man angry and even more how he thought to be so gentle to his anger. Gentleness is definitely not on my mind when I'm mad.

Maybe that is the problem. Maybe it should be.

Peace meditation, here I come.

In the words of my sister,

"Merry fucking Christmas"

No comments: