Sunday, March 15, 2009

On and on and on...

I am enjoying the last half of the sabbath on my front porch with Kelly... surrounded by my beautiful green plants and the basil seeds I just started. We just scored a great new vintage table from our neighbors trash and it makes a great addition to our porch. We are sipping some cheap wine and eating some delicious dip we got from kelly's mom. Most of all we are enjoying conversation, the sunshine, each others company, and the neighborhood cats.

The morning was spent at my future home in the bottoms... worshipping with our homeless friends, biking around the neighborhood, touring people in the bike shop, sitting on the front porch of martin, and hanging out with our future neighbors. Life is very full... and very meaningful... and very joyful.

Yesterday reminded me of the gift and the fullness of community of friendships. I spent most the night at the bike shop with Greg and Jy. They were hard at work and in between my tasks I was dancing to the hip hop (Lauryn Hill and Nas) playing in the background and riding the shop bike (the destroyer) around the rain barrels til I got dizzy. Then we went to see a folk concert at a bar on high street and got to dance with and enjoy patience, jy, blake, jon, and nate while doing so. What else do you need in life than a community that offers love and peace and support and fun and affirmation and everything else we need to get by in this world?

No comments: