Sunday, May 27, 2007

a beautiful weekend it was...

This weekend was SO much fun!

Aaron came up and Heather came home and man oh man was it a party.
Friday night Aaron, Heather, Kory, Laura and I hung out... we went to Old Bag and well... I will just leave it at that.

"6 PPICKLES"

Then we went to see pirates... boooo. Heather and Laura slept... and I made faces the whole time. Those faces are the new thing. Everyone is doin it.

On Saturday we had the cookout of all cookouts. Seriously. There was so much food and so many recipes and so much love and so much laughing. The family seperated into committee groups for the day. Grandpa was on the Management Committee. Dad was on the Puzzle Committee. Aaron and I were on the Fruit Salad Committee and we made a killer fruit salad. Life is so much more fun when you are on committees.

Then after the cookout we all went down to Fruit of the Vine and experienced some incredibly holy moments. The take off your shoes kind of holy moments. It's beautiful to see spirits and souls with such different stories come together as one in prayer. It's beautiful that those friends of ours who have all they own in a backpack give gifts to us. We got a puzzle from a man and the thing is he has no idea the blessing that the puzzle has brought to this house hold. Team work, laughing, fighting, bossing, loving, time with eachother. All because of a puzzle he Heather and I to have. That is beautiful. It is beautiful to hear them encourage one another when their own lives are not the slightest bit encouraging. It's beautiful to hear them offer their few belongings and their "home" to their brothers and sisters in need. You want to talk about Acts chapter 2 type living? Go down and see how the homeless live. It's beautiful... its holy... its Christ.

We had some good talks after... God is moving.

I just got the absolute best present I have ever recieved in my lifetime. It was an early birthday gift from Kim and she donated money on my behalf to one thing I am extremely passionate about... HIV/AIDS in Africa. There is no present that will ever come close to that. There is nothing else that I would have wanted. Your so thoughtful.

Once again I feel that beauty and be crushing sometimes. This is one of those times.

No comments: