Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The imperfect love of people...

I've been trying to think of a good word to describe tonight... and I am at a loss.

Tonight was real... and raw... and so so refreshing.

I got to sit around with some other twenty something ordinary radicals whose hearts are all sold out for Jesus... and for wanting to see change in the body.

Each one of them has a voice, a dream, a passion, and a vision and we are coming together to combine them and make things happen. It was refreshing to see people do more than just the talking... but in our very first meeting to plan the actions that need to be taken.

I am amazed that God has been doing things in all of us before we even knew that we would all be together. I am excited to see what amazing things God will do through these passions and willing hearts, hands, and feet.

And the idea of community with these people when I move back is an answered prayer. It's nice to be on the same page with others... it's nice to be in a room with people who get you.

"There are cracks, cracks, in everything... that's how the light gets in."

1 John 2:8
"Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and you, becuase the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining through."

1 John 1:5
"God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."

The darkness is passing... and I feel like I just found a little more light shining through... a little light that I can be apart of (thank You, thank You, thank You).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.