Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter

I (thankfully) had Friday off. A good way to start the Easter weekend. Even better, Marvelyn came to town to visit Patience which meant we got to all hang out Friday afternoon, eat together and have a quick dance party before I headed home to hang with the family. Saturday was spent sewing chair covers and dress shopping for Heather's wedding. I think we are all glad to say that all the dresses are found and we are done with that part of the planning. Now we have 155 chair covers to make...

Saturday night was refreshing with some PBR and pizza at Houndogs with Marvelyn, Patience, Nate, Blake, Jon, Jy, and Kelly. It is good to laugh with them. It is very healing to laugh with them. We headed over to the Tawd and Sharon's for a serious dance party that lasted quite a few hours. Time flies by when you dance that hard. Mostly we jammed to 80's music which couldn't get any better when your friends have the dance moves that mine do. Every single one of them. Thankfully Rachel and Kyle were there and carried our team with their endless dance energy. At one point, Kelly, Marv, Patience, and I started some very authentic tribal moves which somehow swept everyone else off the dance floor. We decided to tone it down and realized quickly that the dance floor was meant to be shared.

It was a hopeful night. Dancing in a circle with your friends, laughing, chanting to the west side, celebrating life through dancing... life is sweet. That was the thought on my mind all night. Life is very sweet. And very good to me. I am very lucky to have the people that I do. I would want it no other way.

He is risen indeed!

Happy Sabbaths.

No comments: